THIS WILL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER
"Don't care what they may say we got that attitude. Don't care what they may do we got that attitude. Hey, we got that PMA! (Positive Mental Attitude) Hey we got the PMA!" - Bad Brains, “Attitude,” 1982
- •I don’t mean to be insensitive, but it’s not as bad as you think.Most of the time, we’re just afraid that it’ll get to that real, irreversible, apocalyptic bad. It won’t. And what’s the absolute worst we’re afraid about? Death. And if you die, what do you care anyways? You’re dead. Lie still.
- •Forever old.You know how - when you see someone much younger - you capitulate.. you’ll neither be that young ever again? Guess what. Neither will they.
- •Instagram is a lie.Social media is still media. Just because it’s your friends reporting, doesn’t mean they’re not distorting the truth. Instagram and Facebook aren’t live broadcasts, they are choreographed and edited highlights of someone’s day. Don’t believe the hype.
- •Canswer.Watch that Vice special about the eradication of cancer. I don’t know how much truth there is to it, but. Feels good man.
- •Life is an open-ended question.You get to make up your future as you go along. You can take as much liberty in writing your story as anyone else. You know that saying, you have as many hours in the day as Beyoncé? Well, you don’t. She has more money so she can have people do the trivial things we can’t escape. She virtually buys time. But.uhh yeah, anyways, how about this. Everyday, your page is as blank as hers.
- •Have fun.It's free.
- •Everybody gets better with age.I know, I’m alone on this. But I think everyone gets more beautiful as they grow older. Especially women. ESPECIALLY women. There’s power and charisma built into experience and knowledge, and it beckons finer than any plastic surgery. All that stuff you hate, with the crow’s feet and the grey and the creases… That shit is spectacular and complex and fascinating. It’s called character. Wear it well. It’s called confidence. And it’s sexy af. (Dudes often get gross and weird tho)
- •Good vibrationsThere are thousands, if not millions, of people who are thinking about you, worrying about you, praying for you, and loving you that you’ve never even met or seen. And they are doing it fervently everyday. Maybe it’s in the name of their religion, maybe it’s just because they’re good people, and sure, most have never met you. Doesn’t mean that it’s any less compassionate or meaningful.
- •Red wine.