THINGS I DO WHEN I'M PUTTING OFF WRITING...
Each takes on a delusional air of necessity. So I have the peace of mind to work ya know?
- •Put on the right outfitRidiculous (usually shoot for Darkness on the Edge of Town era Springsteen and land near hungover Channing Tatum).
- •MopAlmost never occurs to me outside this circumstance.
- •Read about stuff I like and call it research
- •Make sure all my shoes are together lined up outside the front door
- •Sing to my dog
- •Learn to play Whitney Houston songsThis is just for me as the dog doesn't appreciate gender reversal in a pop music cover context.
- •Make a "next time I go to Target" list
- •Reorganize my books based on the emotional impact they made in my young life
- •Look up someone who wasn't that cool to me in High School on social media and then remember I'd already drunkenly done so months ago.
- •YouTube interviews with writers I like hoping to affirm my strong suspicion they too struggled to get the ball rollingThis has mixed results at best.
- •Random bursts of bicep curlsWhat's my goal here really?
- •Check up on the exes.Not like I stalk them or anything.
- •Play with apps and social media on my phone to make me feel like I've accomplished something...What? We all do it...