TV I Watched With My Parents Growing Up
Giving away my age. I was the remote before the wireless ones were invented
- •McHale's NavyMy dad was in the navy in WW2 and I was convinced that he was on that island. But he was stationed in VA Beach.
- •Hogan's HeroesMy introduction to silly Germans. There is some sort of WW2 comedy theme.
- •The Flip Wilson ShowGeraldine. Enough said.
- •Candlepins for CashMy dad would watch anything. Apparently me too.
- •Leave It to BeaverMy dad usually was sleeping when this was on. Eddie Haskell was a cretin.
- •The CBS Evening News with Walter CronkiteBefore the days of yelling at one another on TV. Editorializing was at a minimum and news anchors were respected.