Things That Taste Like My Childhood
Inspired by @eightk - My family is from Lancaster, PA and of PA Dutch origin. I am a vegetarian now and, sadly, can no longer eat most of my family recipes. I also grew up in Hawaii and Guam, so I ate a lot of different food as a child.
- •PA Dutch ham and green beans
- •PA Dutch chicken pot pie
- •Lebanon bologna sandwiches
- •HaluskiNoodles and cabbage.
- •Pork and cabbage
- •red beet eggs
- •Dippy eggs
- •Homemade pound cake
- •Lau lau
- •Sticky white rice with every meal
- •Spam musubi and spam in general
- •Kalua pig
- •Shave Ice
- •Chamorro spreadI can remember feasting like this on the reg.