Already on li.st? Open in app.
We discussed the following books at our annual meeting at the beach club this summer.
- •The Precious One by Marisa de los Santos. We liked the sisterly relationship in this one.
- •The Grown Ups by Robin Antalek. The food aspect of this appealed to me.
- •The Daughter by Jane Shemilt. We found the mother's actions at the end puzzling, but it was an emotional book.
- •Orange Is The New Black- season 3, I have two more episodes to go
- •Catastrophe- watched all six episodes last night, looking forward to season 2
- •Bloodline- my son says I have to watch this one
- •The Mindy Project- This show is so damn funny, I love Mindy and Danny
Spent some time in Florida this week and got lots of reading done
- •In A Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware- finished this on the plane ride down. Fans of Girl On The Train will like this one.
- •Along the Infinite Sea by Beatriz Williams- the latest in her Schuyler women series and the best one yet
- •Summerland by Elin Hillerbrand- my first Hillerbrand novel. It was so emotional, I'll definitely be reading more by her.
I love Adriana Trigiani's novels and these five are my favorites
- •Big Stone Gap- the first book of hers that I read, and now it's a movie, written and directed by Adriana Trigiani
- •The Shoemaker's Wife-a sweeping epic love story, based on Trigiani's grandparents and a love letter to immigrants who built this country.
- •Rococo- I listened to the audiobook narrated by Mario Cantone and it was one of the best audiobooks I've ever heard.
If I see these on TV, I will make my husband stop flipping the channels
- •The Blues Brothers cause this mall has everything
- •Crazy Stupid Love cause Steve Carrell and Ryan Gosling make a great team
- •The Sound of Music cause if it's on, it means it's Thanksgiving weekend, my favorite holiday