Books the Beach Club Book Club Read
We discussed the following books at our annual meeting at the beach club this summer.
- •The Precious One by Marisa de los Santos. We liked the sisterly relationship in this one.
- •The Grown Ups by Robin Antalek. The food aspect of this appealed to me.
- •The Daughter by Jane Shemilt. We found the mother's actions at the end puzzling, but it was an emotional book.
- •The Hurricane Sisters by Dorothea Benton Frank. This was a more serious novel from Frank with the domestic violence angle, but still had touches of her trademark humor.
- •Every Secret Thing by Laura Lippman. This is a crackerjack mystery that had us guessing, even after the end of the book.
- •The Sparrow Sisters by Ellen Herrick. Many of us related to the sisterly relationships and the small town setting.