YOU KNOW YOU'RE AN OLD SCHOOL (CANADIAN) BOOKSELLER WHEN...
Because knowing the signs is the first step to admitting you have a problem.
- •You compulsively check the Quill & Quire RRS job feed. JIC
- •You find yourself alphabetizing and facing out books when browsing in the BC Ferries gift shop.
- •You scoff or roll your eyes at every single staff pick at Chapters. Even if you haven't read them.
- •You cringe when anybody mentions The Celestine Prophecy
- •Your first instinct is to walk away or give a lecture on stereotyping when young women ask for chick lit.
- •You have a list of books in your head that you visit on the shelf every morning before the store opens. Because books need visitors too.
- •You pray every night to Sylvia Beach to win the lottery so that you can open a bookstore your very own. And then when you wake up in the morning you weep a little because you know it won't happen.