BOOKS I'VE GIVEN THIS CHRISTMAS 🎅🎄📚🎁
- •Tiny Beautiful Things, by @CherylStrayed@LizDawson is so easy to buy for - I originally had at least three books in mind for her, but then I bought her other book-related things and had to calm down before it got ridiculous. But this one survived the cull, in part because I'm looking forward to discussing it with her.
- •Washington DC gift bookI bought a super cute gift book about Washington DC for @emilyribeiro and also my adopted big sister to remind them of their respective times visiting me.
- •The American President, by William E LeuchtenburgThis one, brand new out and for my American history obsessed step-dad, is an enormous brick, so I didn't lug it from America to England to Portgual with me. I was going to order it and have it delivered straight here, but I'm a) too disorganised and b) still parsing my guilt about using Amazon, especially when I discovered this book in Politics and Prose. Solution, anyone? I'm promising him his gift is coming.
- •On Writing, by Stephen KingMy Secret 🎅 person had helpfully made a list of potential gifts, and I've read and liked this one and am all for encouraging fledgling writers.
- •Come to the Edge, by Christina HaagMy Secret 🎅 person and I had discussed this one a little and from the favourite books she and I share I suspect she will like it. Plus, any excuse to proselytise on this one - and I kind of want to guess who her Secret 🎅 is without me telling her, so this is a ginormous hint!