LYRICS WE'VE MISHEARD
Inspired by a friend's Facebook post about how kids these days don't know how good they have it - we used to sing the wrong lyrics for years until we learned the painful truth
- •Lucy in the Sky with DiamondsMy friend thought for years that "A girl with kaleidoscope eyes" was in fact "A girl with colitis goes by"
- •Fields of GoldYou know you watch too much Sorkin when you hear "I'll remember you when the West Wing moves..."
- •Love me do, the BeatlesFor years as a teenagers I thought it was : "love me too". It makes sense, doesn't it?Suggested by @solena
- •Africa - TotoI have a complicated relationship with this song. When I was little (like maybe 5) I must have seen something on TV about alien invasions, and I was convinced that's what this song was about. Because "there's nothing that a hundred men on Mars could ever do" and because he "missed the grains down in Africa", which was clearly (to me) about crop circles & little green men 👽Suggested by @dreadpiratemama
- •Train - Drops of JupiterIt turns out it is "heaven" and not "Van Halen" that is overratedSuggested by @jakebrandman
- •Remedy- Adele"That I will be, I will be, your Emily." But your name is Adele??!! 🙄Suggested by @francium
- •Circle of life, they are definitely saying it's a leaf buffet (leap of faith) cause they are animals right.Suggested by @nacia13
- •I used to think the line from "Candle in the Wind" that went "Her candle burned out long before her legend ever did" was "Her candle burned out long before the legend of the deer." Lol!!!Suggested by @JJBryant1972
- •True from Spandau BalletWhen the backup singers repeat "this much is true" I thought they said "this star just tripled". It doesn't make any sense and I was in my 30's before I realized what they really said. It's even more sad because they're just repeating a line the lead singer already said.Suggested by @llr517
- •Adele-Send My LoveMy husband thought "we've gotta let go of all of our ghosts" was we've gotta let go of all of our clothes".Suggested by @corksnreads