THAT WHICH BRINGS ME GREAT JOY.
- •Sinking my bare feet into the sand after a long absence from the beach or the summer.
- •Holding a close friend's new baby.
- •Discovering that a book I really hoped was good is, in fact, good.
- •When someone says my novel made them cry.
- •When the man I've crushed on from a distance for untold years does remember me after all.
- •When someone is unexpectedly good and kind and forgiving to me.
- •Beautiful sentences.
- •Being surprised at the airport by someone coming to meet me.