WHAT WE'RE READING THIS WEEK (5th June) AND WHAT WE THINK OF IT SO FAR
Post the title, author and cover of your current read, your thoughts so far, and, if you're feeling brave, a mark out of 10. Relist, tag your ListApp reader friends, and we'll do it again next week!
- •Young Jane YoungI am LOVING this. It's the story of a woman who gets caught up in a congressional sex scandal and what happens later in her life. It's that rare and treasured thing, easy-to-read-because-well-written "upmarket" fiction ie not quite commercial and not quite literary. Was lucky to snag the Advance Review Copy at BookExpo. Maybe 8.9/10 if not 9/10. Out 22nd august so pre-order it for Labor Day/bank holiday weekend!
- •Young Elites by Marie LuI'm giving Marie Lu another chance as I was not into Legend. So far intriguing concept. I'm not far in.Suggested by @macnchz
- •The Gravity Between Us by Kristin ZimmerIt's... okay? Not the best writing and a little soppy 🤷🏼♀️Suggested by @barefootmeds
- •Homegoing by Yaa GyasiHaven't actually started it yet, but I've got a long flight to Israel tomorrow, so I'm planning to dive in!Suggested by @KikiHines
- •This Is Just My Face: Try Not to Stare - Gabourey SidibeFemale, celebrity memoirs are one of my favorite genres of books, but I've never seen any of Gabourey's work so I wasn't sure how interested I would be in reading her story. However, I found this book to be extremely well-written, interesting, funny, and insightful. Gabourey has lead such an interesting life, I flew through this book over the last two days!Suggested by @jess_may17