Already on li.st? Open in app.
Making me choose favorite books is evil. In no particular order, here are some that have meant a lot to me over the years. I'll try to limit it to ten.
- •The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R KingMaybe the book I've reread the most. Definitely the book I've given as a gift most often. Sherlock Holmes with a brilliant woman apprentice. Gorgeous writing. What's not to love?
- •The Blue Sword by Robin McKinleyClassic. I still remember the feeling of reading this for the first time and being completely transported to another world.
- •Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson LevineThis is the sweetest story with the best characters. I will never forgive them for the movie they butchered and gave the same title.
This is a prompt, but a good one. I seem to stick to fantasy worlds. Particularly if they involve large, friendly reptilian creatures. There are plenty of other fictional worlds I admire greatly but wouldn't be happy living in. Middle Earth- great for a quest or vacation, but wouldn't stay for long. Too many giant spiders.
- •WonderlandWe're all a little mad here. I'd fit in well.
- •TortalThe realm of Tamora Peirce's Books. I have always loved these stories, the characters & the settings.
- •PernTiny dragon friends. And giant dragon friends. Dragons.
#modire the first struck this morning, and tomorrow will be another snowday for many. How did I spend the day? Follow my list & find out. Take inspiration as needed. Now you too can spend the day like a snow pro!
- •Work feverishly.Work the same as if you were in office/school. Make sure to worry that you aren't being productive enough.
- •Drink lots of tea.
- •Shovel all the snow.ALL OF IT.
- •Books to be read
- •Annoying things my cats do
- •Making up random names for things
- •Nothing I would usually make lists of