5 Books to Watch for in November
Selected by S. Zainab Williams http://goo.gl/b2JWiK
- •The Man Who Spoke Snakish by Andrus KivirahkFantasy in translation by an Estonian writer, pitched for fans of Terry Pratchett. This is the story of a young boy who speaks snakish, which in this tale is the language that commands all animals.
- •The Grownup by Gillian FlynnA ghost story novella from the author of Gone Girl. This is a 64-page read about a fraudulent psychic who's forced to question her (dis)belief in ghosts.
- •The Bazaar of Bad Dreams by Stephen KingA new collection of short stories by the master of fear! These 20 pieces are rangy and compelling.
- •Numero Zero by Umberto EcoFrom the writer of The Name of the Rose comes a conspiracy story circling around Mussolini and events in Italian history. A political thriller and satire set in 1992.
- •The Japanese Lover: A Novel by Isabel AllendeThe story of a woman from Poland who falls in love with a Japanese man in 1939 San Francisco. The book follows their lives and secret love affair during the Second World War and across generations. Expect at least a touch of magical realism.