7 Ways to Pull Yourself Out of a Reading Slump
- 1.Wait it out.It's the actual worst, and you feel like a days of a reader, but sometimes your brain needs to chillax. You'll be pounding those novels again in no time.
- 2.Make a LEGO diorama of your favorite literary scene....in the faint hope it will bring you back to your love of the written word.
- 3.Read some fanfiction.If you can't read books, maybe you can just skim to the sexytimes bits of fanfic. It's like stepping into the sweet, sweet shallow end of the reading commitment pool.
- 4.Imagine your favorite authors being each other's roommates.You just know Jane Austen and Charlotte Brontë would have HATED each other, and it would have been hilarious.
- 5.Search " book art" on Etsy......and feel yourself fill with righteous indignation over the desecration of so many--SO MANY--books. Probably no one wanted to read them anyway, but savor your indignation. It will rekindle your book loyalty.
- 6.Spend some time with books you've already read and loved.And we don't mean re-read them. No, no. That's what normal, non-book people would do. We mean you go to those books and you stare at them. Remember how much you loved them. Maybe hug them? Yep. Definitely hug them.
- 7.When in doubt, go to a bookstore.And browse until you find something, anything, you're excited about. Your love of books is still in there, it just needs a jumpstart.