HOW TO RAISE YOUR UBER OR LYFT PASSENGER RATING
Do you need to make multiple requests before someone will pick you up? It could be because your own rating is below 4.5. Here's how to shine that star:
- •Don't make the request before you're ready to step out the door.In most places and times a car is ready to pick you up within 5 minutes. Be ready to go.
- •Give a (little) thought to your pick-up location.Before you drop your pin, look around. Is the curb in front of you filled with parked cars, an impressive pothole, or a protest against middle-aged men who use the phrase "day-job"? Move down 1/2 block so your driver can pull into that loading zone! She'll appreciate it.
- •If you're in front of a business, type in the business name rather than just dropping the pin.Is a lot easier for a driver to find you at 4130 Sepulveda or Sage Vegan Bistro? Especially true if you're in a strip mall.
- •Type in your destination before the driver arrives.Having your destination filled out before your driver arrives ensures you'll get there all that much faster. Again if it's a specific business name type that in, it'll make drop off smoother.
- •Need to contact your driver? Send a text rather than call.If I'm driving towards you it's a lot easier to read your short text than have a certain to be akward speaker phone call.
- •Not in the mood to chat? Sit in the back.It's fine if you don't want to talk, but then don't sit in the front. Sitting in the front in stubborn silence is a drag for you and the driver.
- •Going a short distance? Tip rather than apologize.Rather than apologizing multiple times about how you're so sorry that you're just going around the block to get your phone charger and making awkward attempts to charm your driver with tales of burning the roof of your mouth on your free pizza just give them 2 bucks cash.
- •Please don't use an ordering tone.You don't have to go nuts and sound like Mr. Monopoly but a few "please take a left here" goes a lot further than, " TAKE A LEFT! TAKE A LEFT! I'M SORRY I'M SO SPACEY I HAVEN'T HAD MY COFFEE YET!"
- •At the end of the ride say this exact sentence:" Thanks much, I really appreciate the ride."