BRB, GRIEVING THE LOSS OF MY RESEARCH QUESTION
When you're super passionate about and interested in something, but your teaching assistant shoots it down 😥
- •I have to do a research project for my writing class
- •I can choose whatever topic I like to research
- •I had a topic in mind from the get go, and I was very excited about it
- •I pitched it to my TA to make sure I can do it, and I asked her for feedback to see if there are anything I should keep in mind before I move forward
- •She said my research question is very interestingMy research question is: why do people share personal and private information/events (like death of a family member) on social media? What compels people to share, essentially.
- •However, she said because it's not in a physical social setting and can't interact with others, I can't do itWhich I partially don't understand because social media really is just interacting with others lol
- •And I was so sad
- •Like, I never thought this wouldn't be doableUgh, like, why not me, ya know?
- •I was so excited to conduct research on this and learn more
- •But the TA crushed my dreams lol
- •So, now I'm grieving my research question
- •My hope is that this is some sort of sign that I should research this for real in graduate school, that this is something worth pursuing
- •So, thanks, I guess 😁