A FEW OF MY FAVORITE BAD LYRICS OF THE EARLY 90'S
i had to narrow down the time period. too many options. requested by @wonderlilly
- •the 90's were a weird time
- •I could include at least 100 songs that had random lyrics on purposebecause a lot of people were trying to just be weird
- •but I prefer to include lyrics that are trying very hard to be profound.
- •unsuccessfully. 👁〰👁
- •"grandfather watches.......the grandfather clock" - soul asylum "somebody to shove"
- •🔝 let that one sink in 🏆even the band name is so stupid
- •"do I hate you?......do I date you?" - Paul westerberg "dyslexic heart", I mean I LOVE this song but this line is so stupid I can't even
- •"she's got a wall around her nobody can climb / I tried to scale it, but to me she's blind. So I lit a firecracker......it went off in my eye" -- Juliana hatfield three "my sister" (every Juliana hatfield song qualifies btw)
- •"secret on your lips that nobody knows, gentle in your eyes (?) you can wear......my clothes" - Matthew sweet "I've been waiting"
- •seriouslymore by Juliana hatfield. so bad.
- •I need to keep a running list. I know there are many many many more!
- •here's a playlist if you want to further enjoy this bewildering era