BEST THINGS ABOUT COMING HOME AFTER VACATION 📂
let's be honest, it's a harsh return to reality. what are some of life's pleasures in returning to the routine?
- •my bedhotel beds are often great in a way that I assume can never be replicated at home. but nothing beats your own pillow.
- •the cat seems to like me a little more than beforeI prefer when she's clingy and just a little depressed. am I wrong?
- •outlets for everything! chargers for everything!!!I'm charger rich at home and I didn't have to do a CSI-like sweep around the room's perimeters to find an outlet.
- •standing in front of an open refrigerator while deciding what to eatthis doesn't happen when traveling
- •I have enough underwear and socksthe end of a particular kind of anxiety that accompanies my travel
- •no lingering anxiety about checking in to somethingairlines allowing you to check in online exactly 24 hours before a flight (or risk being boarding group 5,298,477) fully ruins several nights of sleep and at least one full travel day. I'm glad to be done with this lingering nuisance.
- •my life is going to be a lot less expensiveeven if I was just in, like, the rural Midwest, somehow travel costs are 1000x normal life costs
- •add yours!
- •No sense of obligation that you MUST have funOn vacation I feel obligated to go and maximize my enjoyment. I need to be out there seeing the sites, eating at the best restaurants, getting together with my local friends all within a really tight deadline! At home I can do whatever I want.Suggested by @eatthelove
- •The sheer relaxation in my bones that I'm home. Even if it's a stress free, beautiful vacay I still have a tiny bit of tense that just comes with being somewhere I'm not familiar with.Suggested by @lifeisbeautiful
- •You have more than one coat option.Suggested by @cordeliane
- •Everything is baby safeTraveling with my 2 year old is like some kind of game show where I'm running around trying to keep him from emptying drawers, climbing, and breaking everything within arms reach. Spoiler: I often lose.Suggested by @torrami