THE BEST BOOKS I READ IN 2015
I like reading! Generally, I try to read 50 a year, but I won't make it to that goal this year (sister got married, work was busy, no free time, blah blah excuses). But these are my favorites so far. List requested by @JennyJLee!
- •Station Eleven by Emily St John Mantelwith a goddamn bullet. this book changed the way I look at a plane searing across the sky.
- •All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony DoerrThere are so many beautiful details in this book that it's actually arresting at times, and you'll need to look away and breathe deep like Bastian reading the Neverending Story. A perfect book for anyone who loves language.
- •Modern Romance by Aziz AnsariThis book is informative and funny, a difficult to pull off combo, achieved here with aplomb.
- •The Martian by Andy WeirI think the book and movie are both great, but the experience of the book was really enjoyable imo.
- •Why Not Me by Mindy Kalingit was tweeting to Mindy Kaling, celebrating her successes, that led me to this app BTW! I don't often tweet to strangers but I think it's nice to tell someone they're doing a great job if they are which she is. Her book was fantastic and fun.
- •Beautiful Ruins by Jess WalterI was in the Cinque Terre, Italy and read this because it takes place there, which was a really exciting way to experience the geography and recommended if you're visiting, too.
- •Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia WoolfI had never read this before, and loved it so much, love how time is a character. Another book for anyone who loves language.
- •Bel Canto by Ann PatchettI held my breath a lot for this one.