Ok, more than a couple people requested this story, so here it is. For background on what the hell I'm talking about, read this list: GOOD NEWS, DECEMBER! 👯
  1. We were in Rome.
    First time in Italy ever, this year! 🇮🇹🍷🍝❤️ (Obsessed now, constantly saying "we have to go back" like on LOST)
  2. Walking down the street, peacefully.
    The only thing I remember that was unusual was that I was dressed poorly but we were only running an errand -- trying to find an ATM near our hotel.
  3. We heard shouting and screaming.
    An altercation, it sounded like.
  4. I looked up.
    E64f3236 cfe3 42a8 9f8f 226a38ab24ac
    And down on the sidewalk, staring right back at me about 100 feet away was someone who looked exactly ExACTLY like this.
  5. She was screaming... at me.
    8df8a131 6d7b 46bf b4cd d05092c776a8
  6. Not my husband.
    Dc9ab6ea 46dc 4040 b79b 5be13a87b7b6
  7. Not any of the other people on the sidewalk.
    8394ad5b 7d45 45ec b4bc d32330c632b3
    And there were lots of others.
  8. She was pointing and screaming like a lunatic.
    66de6033 7d98 407e 86fd e8dca9f2df9a
  9. At me.
    5b0d0d00 ba39 4ecd 954b 6e6f2c8a41d8
  10. Everyone on the sidewalk stared at me.
    E94f17d0 df84 45c3 bcce f97982b67be2
    With obvious looks of wonder, "what did you do to piss off this woman??"
  11. It was weird but whatever.
    We laughed about it immediately, for obvious reasons.
  12. 🕑
  13. We walked back to our hotel after finding a bank and running a couple other small errands.
  14. Walking down the same street, again the shouting.
  15. Again, from hundreds of feet away, this.
    9ca9d74e 9375 499b a818 b73e662473ce
  16. At me.
    A81a5fd8 de27 46a0 a75a 20999c4f2fe5
  17. Only me.
    833fd405 8526 492c af65 d729a4a44942
  18. The screaming got so much worse as we got closer.
    Aeb1223e a4ab 48f9 b60d 0af74e3abbce
    and the pointing!
  19. It was actually kind of scary.
    A51a32df 9228 4187 b094 eb1f17f63ffe
  20. We wondered why she hated me, in particular, so much.
    Her focus on me was laser like!
  21. We left Rome the next day and had new adventures in new cities.
    ugh, Italy. I hate being one of those people who pine for Europe. I am one of those people now.
  22. We told lots of friends the sidewalk screaming story as just one of many hilarious things that happened to us in Italy.
    My mild mannered, super calm husband also got into a screaming match with a Russian guy on a sold out train who would not vacate our reserved seats.
  23. But I had very bad luck for months after this happened.
  24. Very bad luck.
    Another example: YOUR PHONE IS DANGEROUS
  25. One day, a friend of mine said:
  26. "Well, you were gypsy cursed that one time in Italy"
  27. Super nonchalantly.
    😂😱
  28. 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱
    Why did it take me like 4 months to realize this? Why did I not realize this until it was pointed out to me??
  29. I told my mom and @thetrillwitch
    because they are both magic people ✨
  30. My mom said something weird:
  31. "I'll take care of it"
  32. Moms are always taking care of things.
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  33. Almost immediately, good luck and wonderful things flooded my life.
  34. ✨ The curse is lifted! ✨
  35. I don't know why I was cursed.
  36. I don't know why it lifted.
    my mom won't tell me what she did. there's like a 10% chance she's messing with me, and a 90% chance she did something magic. or maybe it was my soon to be sister (officially!) @thetrillwitch!
  37. but gypsy curses are real.
    66aa0e41 415b 423d a657 809bd86a26fc
  38. AND DANGEROUS.
    18f471ef 238a 41bc 984e c5294d1352bc