Cleveland Food Staples
My favorite Cleveland food staples (in no particular order)
- •Sokolowski'sHeavy Eastern European food served family style - think stuffed cabbage, pierogis, & chicken paprikash (my favorite).
- •Melt Bar & GrilledGIANT grilled cheese sandwiches done 50 different ways. My favorite was a seasonal special called the Ninja Turtle that had pizza rolls in a pesto sauce.
- •Happy DogTake your standard hot dog, french fries, and tater tots - and put ANYTHING on them. The list of toppings has about 100 different topping options. My favorite is a dog with chorizo chili, Momocho hot sauce, and cheese - with fries with a fried egg on them
- •BarrioTacos, tacos, more tacos. Build your own or pick from pre-selected combinations. My favorite is the stoner shell (soft shell with melted cheese and chorizo), secret sauce, pork, cheese, etc. Good guac too!
- •Mabel's BBQJust opened in April 2016, Michael Symon's barbecue creation has incredible traditional BBQ food - ribs, pulled meats, etc. The fatty pork ribs are my favorite - with lots of bbq sauce of course!
- •Edison'sAwesome pizza - the crust is dusted with parmesan cheese and the pepperoni's are salty and delicious. My favorite is the standard pepperoni - but I also really like the specialty pizzas like buffalo chicken. Great bar too! (Photo credit foodsofjane.com)
- •The West Side MarketBeautiful 100+ year old market where local vendors sell everything from meats to veggies to cheeses and everything between. Most unique thing in the city! Grab a coffee and snack on anything. My favorite is Steve's Gyros
- •TrentinaJohnathan Sawyer's high-end Italian restaurant in the University Circle area. Food based on the Trentina area of Italy using ingredients local to Cleveland. My favorite is the Bucatini