HOW I ALMOST BURNED MY BUILDING DOWN THIS MORNING
6:00 AM EST
- •Went to go put on my just-washed jeansThey were drying overnight on the kitchen table.
- •Darn! They're a bit damp...In the crotch area. Problematic.
- •Here's a foolproof quick fix: put them in a low oven for a few minutes200 degrees. What could go wrong?
- •5 minutes later, I've got ALMOST dry pants!But not dry enough.
- •Let's jack it up to 350 for no more than a few minutesThe temperature that transforms wet dough into a cookie in about 8 minutes.
- •This seems like the perfect time to shaveWith or against the grain of the hairs? There's conflicting research out there.
- •Meanwhile, my apartment is filling with smoke.Ever smelled burning denim? Neither did I -- the bathroom door was closed.
- •Smoke alarms!Naked, frantically waving pillows at my ceiling.
- •It's ok though...I like my jeans with oven rack marks burned into them.