POST-ROCK ALBUMS THAT AREN'T BY EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY
Yes, I know. The World Is Not A Cold Dead Place is a good album but you have to broaden your horizons a lil bit, buddy
- •Artist - Album
- •Toe - The Book About My Idle Plot On a Vague AnxietyEffortless, jazzy, Japanese. Is that a deer or cow on the cover? Maybe an elk? I don't know.
- •Do Make Say Think - You, You're A History In RustBright and airy. Good for morning coffee
- •This Will Destroy You - Young MountainExplosions in the Sky's slightly more noisy cousins.
- •Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F#A# InfinityThe famous "Soundtrack to the Apocalypse". Haunting and heavy.
- •MONO - Walking Cloud and Deep Red Sky, Flag Fluttered and the Sun ShinedDespite their name, this band is anything but monotonous. An emotional record. Also Japanese.
- •Slint - SpiderlandA classic. Pioneers of the genre.
- •Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven"they used to call Coney Island the playground of the world"
- •Tarentel - The Order Of ThingsFoggy music. Reminiscent of Explosions in the Sky at some points.
- •Sigur Rós - TakkThe kings of Iceland. Insanely beautiful and organic
- •Sonna - Smile and the World Smiles With YouShort-lived project by the founder of the Temporary Residence label (EITS, Tarentel, Mono are all on the roster)
- •On the heavier side I quite like both pelican and the red sparrowsSuggested by @gilbaron