How I'm celebrating Mother's Day
- •I just whispered "shut up, kid" as I heard a child wail in the distance. My boyfriend chuckled.So there's that.
- •Pondering the troubling lessons I picked my from my mother that I've spent my entire adult life unlearning.Thanks for that.
- •Reminding myself to get the fuck over the fact that my mom kind of sucked.I won. I'm happy. Like, really happy. I will not continue the cycle of abuse and misery and guilt, and I think that's a pretty fucking sweet victory. Thanks for making everything so hard, mom. Now I can do anything.
- •Thinking about the nice moms out there.Like my mother-in-law, who passed away almost a year ago. Everyone loves you, M.
- •Brunch, I guess?Just because I don't have a kid (and never will) doesn't mean I'm not super hungry for brunch, Scott.
- •Oh yeah, and a movie!I wish Tony Stark was my mom. I'd probably work in a STEM field and have a drinking problem.