My third list of the day
It's been a day
- •We had a beach bonfire in his memory.We joked that he wouldn't show up to a party like this. It rained the entire time, after all.
- •The family was there.His kids, many of his grandchildren. Me. Because I'm part of this family, and I'll always be really proud of that.
- •It was really fun.I fell in the ocean. My Nike high tops are in the dryer right now.
- •We told family stories and had a lot of laughs, and there were a lot of tears, too.
- •I saw his loveliness reflected in everyone today.Our past got a lot bigger, but we are infinitely durable. If there's one thing I bring to this family, it's the ability to endure.
- •I belong here.He loved me like any other member of the family. Scott's father did, and Scott's mother did. I loved them, they loved me, and I miss them both. He called me "kid", and it was sweet.