My Birthday So Far
I have officially been out of the womb for 46 years today. I don't really like the number 46, but I'm trying to get over it.
- •Husband and child bought me flowers yesterday. Enough to fit in two vases. They're pretty.
- •Went out to dinner with husband and child. Child has been very depressed and it took 1/2 the meal to get him to do anything more than shrug.I FEEL my son's depression. It affects me hugely. He's always depressed and anxious the 2 weeks before school starts, so this is my birthday every year. He's doing better today, thankfully.
- •Slept ok.
- •Convinced son to go for walk on the lakefront with me.Thank you pokemonGo for providing some incentive.
- •Went to Nepalese buffet with parents and child for lunch.Ate too much but it was good. Parents did not make a scene or make me insane (mostly). Kid was good. Parents paid for lunch.
- •Stopped at pet store and played with the ferrets.My ferret died rather tragically about 4 years ago. I really really want another one (or two). Neither of the two ferrets that we saw today caused me to fall in love. (That happened a few months ago and that ferret was bought the same day by someone else.) I don't think it's time yet, but playing with these two was a salve for my soul. And my son's.
- •Got a migraine.Really not cool.
- •Tried to take a nap. Not successful.
- •Put my book about the creative writing process on sale for this week only as a gift to others on my birthday.
- •Made myself a sno cone.
- •Looking forward to hanging with husband and son tonight.