My Film Premiered at a Film Festival Tonight
- •A couple of years ago a friend offered to shoot a short for me.
- •I've got scripts for several features in my drawer, but no shorts, so I had to write one quick.
- •Luckily I was inspired by a student and teacher I saw in a driver's ed car, and I wrote Parallel. 2 actors, 1 car, 7 minutes.
- •We shot it in one day with two awesome actors, plus my son recording sound (he was 9 at the time).
- •It took us a while to edit it and find a composer to write the music.
- •Then it took me a while to actually submit it anywhere.
- •It got accepted to the Female Filmmakers night at the Midwest Independent Film Festival and I saw it premiere tonight. First time seeing my work up on the big screen.
- •It was amazing. I've been wanting to make films since I was in college 25 years ago, back when there was no digital and it was expensive as fuck. I'm so grateful for digital and how it has evened the playing field.
- •Can't wait to make the next one. (Hopefully this fall.)