Things I'm Worrying About Tonight
Today I dropped my son off at camp. He's 12 and has been to sleep-away camp before, but not this one. He had a not-great experience last year.
- •Did he eat enough for dinner?He was nervous today about the new camp so he barely ate brunch. We made him have a chocolate milkshake shortly before arriving at camp.
- •Is he sleeping?He has insomnia issues sometimes. We sent him to camp with melatonin.
- •Will he like most of his cabinmates?Last year he was in a cabin (at a different camp) with several disruptive kids. They were a big part of him not liking the experience.
- •Will he get in political arguments with people?He's incredibly opinionated—as well as very well informed for a 12 year old— and is going to camp in a more conservative state than the one we live in.
- •Will he choose to not have fun?I'm pretty sure this is the only way he won't have fun, but I can see him possibly opting for this route. He takes a weird pleasure in being sullen.
- •Will I be too worried about him to sleep?I hope not. I need sleep. I like sleep.
- •Will I get at least 1/2 of the things done while he's gone that I need to accomplish?
- •Will I need to increase my dose of anti-anxiety meds?Probably.
- •Will my husband want to strangle me because I worry too much?Possibly.