Things I Would Tell My 15 Year Old Self
- •Fucking up is not just ok, it's necessary. Do it sooner rather than later. Nobody learns shit from playing it safe and doing it "right" the first time.
- •This AIDS thing that's about to hit the news? You're not in a high risk group. Just use condoms. Don't be terrified.
- •I know you don't want to believe it, but sexism and misogyny are alive and well, and they're not going anywhere soon.
- •Your instincts are correct: you will feel better as a human when you get out of your mother's house.
- •Someday, not only will you want to be friends with women again, they will be your closest champions and allies.
- •That guy you just fell in love with? Welcome to five years of pain. You will get over him...eventually. You will learn a lot about being in love with the wrong man.
- •Sometimes the wrong decisions still yield amazing results.
- •Be nice to yourself always and in all ways.