Ways that Big Earthquakes Are Similar to Rape
(Yes, I absolutely recognize that there are MANY ways that earthquakes are nothing like rape.)
- •You know they happen, you know they affect a lot of people, you hope they never happen to you.
- •It doesn't matter what you're wearing, earthquakes can still happen to you.
- •Once it starts you're not sure how bad it's going to get.
- •Once it starts you don't know how long it's going to last, but you sure hope it's over soon.
- •While it's happening you really a) want it to stop, and b) hope you survive it. 'Cause sometimes these things end with death.
- •When it's over you're really afraid it's going to happen again.
- •No matter when, how, why an earthquake happens, it's not your fault. (Fault pun not intended.)