I am currently sitting in the airport. Here are some of the things I have been thinking.
- •"I already miss my cat."
- •"Is there some kind of rule that there will only be terrifyingly long lines if you are running late? Because I got here way early this time and there were literally no lines at either bag drop or security."
- •"It's actually a little freaky that there was no line at security. It is Christmas, right? Has some terrible calamity befallen Christmas travellers?"
- •"HOW do coffee shops run out of soy milk?"
- •"How do ALL of the coffee shops run out of soy milk AT THE SAME TIME?"
- •"Perhaps the same calamity that led to the lack of lines also prevented the soy milk delivery today."
- •"Travelling by yourself in winter sucks. It is bad enough that I have to schlep my carry on to the bathroom with me, adding a coat and scarf to the mix does not make it easier."
- •"Do the people sitting across from me wearing shorts realize we am flying to Alberta where it is colder than it is here. And we definitely aren't having shorts weather."
- •"I always feel incredibly self-conscious about eating at the gate. It just seems so loud somehow."
- •"The temperature in this airport confuses me. I was sweating so much I took off my coat and scarf, but now it is super cold even though I'm wearing a sweater."
- •"Dammit. I forgot something at home. Oh well. Too late now."
- •"I've never flown out of this gate before. Why is it that every airport seems to have a group of gates that are not near anything else? Are these gates specifically for flights the airport doesn't like."
- •"I would definitely pay a surcharge to guarantee there would not be children on my flight."
- •"I should always remember to bring gum or mints or something. You would think I would know this by now."
- •"Oh god. That preboarding line is filled with children."