MY MORNING ROUTINE
Inspired by @hermionegranger | on a work day. Let's do this.
- •Alarm goes off somewhere around 6 am.I have wild dreams of getting up and working out in the morning. What actually happens is multiple hitting of the snooze.
- •Actually get up between 7:30-45ish.Generally awake and doing all the social media checks plus reading The Skimm so I know what's happening in the world.
- •Go to bathroom.
- •Figure out if I have time for a full shower or just wash my hair.Most days it's full shower.
- •Put in contactsMy brand! MY BRAND!
- •After shower, put on moisturizer (Trader Joe's coconut oil) and eye primer (not always).Eye primer is when I have time to do my eye makeup. So like...3 for 5.
- •Brush my teeth so everything sets
- •Blow dry my hair so most of the moisture is gone, then style with a round brush.
- •Makeup routineFoundation (currently a Mary Kay CC cream), blush, mascara are my musts. Lipstick if it's not sitting on desk at work. Eyes if I have time - currently going back and forth between Naked 2 palette and a Sephora palette.
- •Get dressed.Try to find socks that match. Try to find a shirt that is not that wrinkled. Succeeded on 1 of these fronts today.
- •At this point, realize I am not going to be on time.My office is super chill, but I am not an adult who has time management skills mastered yet.
- •Try to put together food for breakfast and maybe lunch?Usually say fuck it on the lunch part and go out. Need to recalibrate plan for winter.
- •Leave apartment, usually at time I'm supposed to be at work.
- •Arrive to work, scroll through email, chat with coworkers.
- •Go make breakfast, usually a yogurt concoction.
- •Start actually working between 9:20-30ish.