SONGS THAT ALWAYS END UP ON MY RAINY DAY/FALL PLAYLISTS
You're wearing your sweats, wrapped up in blankets. It's either raining or just really gray and windy outside. This is what's playing.
- •Whispered Words (Pretty Lies) - Dan Auerbach
- •Skinny Love - BirdyAlso, the original by Bon Iver and his song Flume
- •New Slang - The ShinsOr anything off the Garden State soundtrack. I know, I know.
- •Sparks - Coldplay
- •The Greatest - Cat PowerThis is the song cue that makes me cry when I watch 17 Again. No shame.
- •Too Afraid to Love You - The Black Keys
- •Tear Down the House - The Avett BrothersI And Love And You a very, very close second.
- •Breakable - Ingrid Michaelson
- •Hackensack - Fountains of Wayne
- •Eyes - Rogue Wave
- •The Funeral & No One's Gonna Love You - Band of HorsesThe live version of the latter is particularly good.
- •Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey - The WingsI have a memory of my dad dropping me off at the bus stop when it was raining and I'm always gonna have that.
- •Sea Green, See Blue - Jaymay
- •Rainy Days & Mondays - The Carpenters
- •London - She & HimI'm in London when I listen to this, wearing a fabulous coat and it's gloomy outside and everything is perfect.