THE TIME I FELT LIKE I WAS IN MAD MAX: FURY ROAD
My car is 13 years old and in decent condition, except for when it breaks occasionally. It's the color of cement and has a dent in the roof from when a tree fell on it during a wicked storm on 4th of July a couple of years ago.
- •I was driving home one night into my apt complex, my music blaring as per uje. I heard a metal sort of sound, but didn't see anything, so I didn't really give it much thought.
- •I did notice that a car was following me.
- •It was all rusted, taped up mirrors, and different panels were different colors. I think originally this car was supposed to be red?
- •Again, didn't stress about it until it followed me into my specific lot and I had never seen that car in my lot before. I pull into my spot and the car stops behind me, horizontal to my perpendicular situation.
- •The window rolls down. My window rolls down. It's a girl, looks about my age.
- •"Hey! Just wanted to let you know that you lost your hubcap back there!"
- •"Oh. Thank you for letting me know!"
- •Windows roll up, she drives away. I notice more of how crappy her car looks, but I felt like we were kindred spirits, since clearly my car wasn't keeping it together either.
- •But it was neat because it was ladies helping ladies in our shitty cars, just trying to make it to the next day.