COOL CDS AND BOOKS I BOUGHT TODAY
Frannie, Kate and I went downtown for a birthday dinner and stopped at a used book store and a record shop! It was a great time. There were some great finds!
- •Child 44 by Tom Rob SmithThe movie synopsis intrigued me. I looked all over the bookstore for this novel until the last second when I found it in the Mystery section. I'm excited to read this. I really like Thrillers/Mystery.
- •The Silkworm by Robert GalbraithThe only novel in the series I was missing. The copy is very well cared for. I can't wait to indulge in the entire series.
- •The Gum Thief by Douglas CouplandA book I've been wanting to read since I saw it at work, but I didn't want to take it out on my library card. Copy is almost brand new. So crisp.
- •Shake Hands With The Devil: the failure of humanity in Rwanda by Lgen. Roméo Dallaire with Major Brent BeardsleyI know this one will be a tear-jerker. It's going to be interesting to read about his experiences in Rwanda. The whole genocide was so heartbreaking but very interesting for me to learn about.
- •The Grownup by Gillian FlynnOriginally published in an anthology compiled by George R. R. Martin. I liked Gone Girl, Dark Places and Sharp Objects so I am excited to see what she can do in a small story. It's only 62 pages long. The book design itself really caught my eye!
- •Who's Next by The WhoWas originally going to buy on iTunes when I found it in the record shop. Love love love the Who. Plus the track list for this CD is impeccable.
- •Who's Greatest Hits by The WhoOnly two songs from Who's Next made this track list (surprisingly not Baba O'Reilly). I like what they've chosen on this list. Great car tunes.
- •I was actually looking for Quadrophenia but didn't find it. I could always get it on iTunes now.
- •Fly Like An Eagle by Steve Miller BandClassic. Plus it was only $3.
- •Maybe You Should Drive by Barenaked LadiesThere's just something about their sound that makes me love them. Plus: JANE!!!!
- •The Beatles Anthology 3 by The BeatlesAll the greatest hits from the White Album to Let it Be. I have most of the songs but the way they mixed the songs up is unconventional and I like it. I should have bought all three sets, though. ☹️