WORK PET PEEVES
I work at a library. I put books away on the shelves and care for the material. Here are just SOME things that irritate me.
- •When customers just leave books lying whereverI'm not sure if they've been checked out and left behind or they were just too lazy to put away.
- •When customers follow me around the library, take stuff off my cart and then just put it wherever.At least put it back on the cart please.
- •Chips.They are not a library-friendly food!!!!!
- •Garbage stuck in the shelves when there is a garbage can 2 feet away from the shelf.
- •Gum on books.Makes me want to cry my eyes out every time I touch a piece of ABC gum. 😭😭😭
- •When a small child will come right behind me and mess up the shelf I JUST organized.That's mostly just my brain saying NO STOP IT'S NOT RIGHT. I love the fact kids are enjoying reading and using the library, but library etiquette should be followed.
- •Getting hit on by 75 year olds.no, I will not thank my parents for making me. Please cease and desist.
- •Loud teenagers that just sit at the tables to eat pizza.
- •Pungent odours from food.When I'm on a long shift, there's nothing more that I want than pizza. Unfortunately, I can't eat the pizza that's 5 feet away from me while I'm shelving :(
- •SCREAMING BABIES!!!!!