BEST CONCERTS I'VE BEEN TO
I've been to 40-50 shows since January of 2014. These are the best shows I've seen, in order of dates they played.
- •Killer Mike - June 20, 2014Killer Mike is 1/2 of Run The Jewels, El-P being the other half. This was one of the most powerful shows I've ever seen. To quote Mike at the show, it was a "religious experience".
- •Michael Bublé - June 26, 2014Good God, incredible. His rendition of Nina Simone's Feeling Good is a long time favorite of mine. See him if you get the chance.
- •Wu-Tang - June 27, 2014Killer Mike, Bublé and Wu-Tang all in one week. I paid $150 for my ticket and I was front row right up against the stage. We brought the motherfucking ruckus. GZA had an after party show at a small venue, which I went to as well. He played Liquid Swords front to back. It was heaven.
- •Zac Brown Band - August 10, 201410 minute fiddle solo that blew anything I'd heard on guitar at the time out of the water.
- •Arcade Fire - August 14, 2014They didn't play Rococo, but they played Rebellion and No Cars Go and The Suburbs. It was originally a black tie event - seriously, as requested by Arcade Fire - but was later changed to "dress up in a costume or formal attire". So cool.
- •Bombay Bicycle Club - October 12, 2014Show was amazing, Milo Greene was the opener. I got drunk with and hung out with the band at their DJ after party set. Which very few people knew about/showed up to.
- •Freddie Gibbs - May 24, 2015At Soundset Hip Hop Festival in Minneapolis.
- •Ed Sheeran - June 12, 2015Took my cousin to the show, didn't know any songs, left a fan. He covered Bill Withers' Ain't No Sunshine and I lost it. The guy is extremely talented.
- •Buddy Guy - June 17, 2015The legendary Buddy Guy. At one point this drunk guy in the audience yelled at another guy to "shut the fuck up", to which Buddy Guy replied, "Now how about you shut the fuck up and let me talk." Fuck yea, Buddy.
- •Dead & Company - October 31, 2015In New York at the Madison Square Garden. I started to tear up when I realized where I was (I'm from a small city in Manitoba, Canada, so New York was crazy for me) and that I was watching my biggest musical inspiration (@john). Phenomenal show.
- •Dead & Company - November 21, 2015In Minneapolis. The best guitar playing I've ever heard. @john is a powerhouse. Big Boss Man.