Favorite George Saunders Short Stories
I have probably read Saunders more than any other short story writer so I thought it would be cool to make a list about him
- •IsabelleFrom CivilWarLand In Bad Decline. This is probably my favorite short story ever. I read it every couple of months or whenever I want to remind myself what good writing looks like. I don't think it's available online unless you have a subscription to Harper's so maybe just take some time off of work and run to a bookstore.
- •PuppyFrom Tenth of December. So cheesy but I genuinely try to remember this story's message of "You don't know why people do the things they do" whenever someone really ticks me the hell off.
- •Escape From SpiderheadFrom Tenth of December
- •CivilWarLand In Bad DeclineFrom CivilWarLand In Bad Decline. The first of two stories about theme parks on this list.
- •I CAN SPEAKFrom In Persuasion Nation. This is basically a Tim and Eric CINCO commercial.
- •Victory LapFrom Tenth of December
- •AdamsFrom In Persuasion Nation
- •The Semplica Girl DiariesFrom Tenth of December
- •The Wavemaker FaltersFrom CivilWarLand In Bad Decline. The second of two stories about theme parks on this list.
- •The End Of FIRPO In The WorldFrom Pastoralia