These Are the Things That Are Good
This is the stuff that is good right now.
- •Vince StaplesHis new album Summertime 06 is awesome. Best rap album of the year. No ID produced basically every song on it which is a very good thing
- •Karl Ove KnausgaardI am reading My Struggle Volume One right now, about 75% done. It is incredible. He captures life in such a remarkably detailed yet simple way and I think that is cool. Very good boy. His recent piece in the New Yorker about the 2011 terrorist attack in Norway is also very good even if the writing is a bit stilted due to a lackluster translation.
- •ClickholeI am biased because I work there but I genuinely think it is one of the best things in comedy right now.
- •Ta-Nehisi Coates' writing for The AtlanticAlways a must read. One of the few people I read and think "these words are the important words." I can't wait for his book
- •Charlie Pierce's political blog over at Esquire6-8 passionate and incredibly well written blog posts every day, 5 days a week. There is no better pissed off Boston Irish Catholic liberal. Always on the right side of things. His recent piece about the Charleston shooting is as good as it gets
- •Rachel Aviv's piece in last week's New Yorker about euthanasia in BelgiumSo god damn fascinating
- •The song "I See A Darkness" by Bonnie Prince Billy@jwoliner tweeted a link to the music video recently and I haven't been able to stop listening to the song or watching the video
- •Jake FogelnestWhat a nice man.Suggested by @jakefogelnest