Why I Hate Working From Home
When I tell people I work in digital, the first question is always: "Do you get to work from home?" No, for the same reasons people who work at banks usually don't work from home. But also, yuck.
- •For boring reasons, I have to work in coffee shops instead of my actual home.
- •Free wifi sucks.
- •Email sucks.
- •Moving my car every two hours sucks.
- •The coffee shop is dying for me to leave.
- •I have to completely pack up and forfeit my seat to use the bathroom.
- •People keep asking me to keep their laptop safe, like I'm some kind of freelance security guard. Fuck that.
- •Forgot my power cord. Fuck.
- •Forgot my phone charger. I'm an idiot.
- •Forgot my earbuds.
- •Your music sucks. (See previous item.)
- •Can't take a conference call from Starbucks without looking like an idiot.
- •Listening to an idiotic pitch/informational interview/awkward pickup attempt at the next table. Please kill me.