"Year 3000" Lyrics Analysis
this has always bothered me. (I'm talking specifically about the Jonas Brothers' version but as far as I know Busted's version has the same lyrics)
- •One day when I came home at lunchtime, I heard a funny noise / Went out to the backyard to find out if it was one of those rowdy boysreally missing some important backstory here - who are these boys? why are they rowdy? do young people really use the word rowdy to describe other young people?
- •Stood there with my neighbor called Peter, and a Flux Capacitor / He told me he built a time machine / Like one in a film I've seen, yeah he said...cool cool fine whatever
- •I've been to the year 3000 / Not much has changed but they live underwater???????!!? homie, WHAT? We went all mermaid and not much has changed?! (This is the beginning of my distrust in Peter as a narrator)
- •And your great great great granddaughter is doing fine5 generations in 985 years? um? 🤔 File that under "shit that does not add up"
- •I took a trip to the year 3000 / This song had gone multi-platinum / Everybody bought our 7th album / It had outsold Kelly Clarksonyeah this is math stuff again - you're on your 7th album....how long did you take off between records? 100 years?
- •basically this song just doesn't make senseit's still a jam though