- •Old FashionedRye whiskey, sugar cube, cherry, bitters, club soda, MAYBE a slice of orange. If your recipe includes other things the it isn't an old fashioned (damn it) served on the rocks
- •MannhattanRye, bitters, sweet vermouth, cherry. Period. Shaken with ice and served up
- •SidecarCognac, Cointreau, lemon juice. Served shaken and then up
- •Gin and TonicGood gin, good tonic, rises lime juice, and a lime wedge. Keeps both scurvy and malaria at bay. Medicinal af.
- •MartiniUsing my grandfathers own recipe: martini glass filled with gin poured by a person thinking longingly about an unopened bottle of vermouth. Stirred and served up