New York Observations
Coming from a Bay Area visitor.
- •People actually like cabs? Or are just reluctant to admit Uber is better.
- •They either still have a blackberry or lament about having recently given it up. #2006. Note: I even saw one small blackberry keyboard attached to an iPhone.
- •It's still not called "San Fran" at least there was no abuse of "Frisco" that I heard.
- •There are a million restaurants but the only one talked about, all the time, is Carbone.
- •Riding a bike in Central Park is supposed to be enjoyable, but reminds me of the short trip across the Golden Gate Bridge which is generally the worst part.
- •Traffic is terrible, felt like I was right at home.
- •On demand services are just known as delivery and have been around for years already.
- •If staying in SoHo and you don't work in fashion, you will automatically appear as a tourist.
- •Nature is limited to one big Central Park, and the whole city visits when sunny.
- •A bit jealous over how late dinner is consumed and available. SF feels like an early bird special.