Already on li.st? Open in app.
recent as in within the last 7 years or so. Some more recent than I'd like to admit. more to come
- •"Is anybody walking, when they tell us, that their walking?""Annie are you ok, when you tell us that you're ok" - MJ, Billie Jean
- •"Newborns in your closet.""New bones in your closet." - Aaliyah, More than a Woman
- •"It's ok girl, cuz I'm gon be yo ride tonight. You don't have to call" (a cab)."Cuz I'm gon be alright tonight" - Usher, Don't Have to Call
Book altering is one of my favorite art forms. Today I found one of my first attempts at book altering, a self-reflective informational that was meant to double as a sketch book.
- •Parts of a book: cover, front flap, back flap, spine, and signatureSignature - a large piece of paper that contains several printed pages of the book that is folded to create a section of the book.
- •Altered book art is very similar to "ready made art" but involves modification.
- •The book I used was called "Taro and the Bamboo Shoot."This was a Japanese children's story about a boy who encounters some weird things as his family prepared for a big feast during harvest.
Some random observations from my window as post-finals week insomnia continues.
- •It's yellow outside.The light pollution here is ridiculous. I really wish you could see stars in the city. For now, the planes flying into O'Hare will have to suffice.
- •A mother is dropping her child off to the people next door.She's heading off to her next job. She got home from her first job 2 hours ago. We ran into each other when she arrived. She said: "Mira la Bri! Temprano has llegado - un milagro!"
- •Parked cars are a dope boy's cubicle.They sit there on their phones for hours, occasionally flickering their lights at one another. All neatly lined up. Organized in departmental territories. They look like a drive up call center.
Confused? I know. I am often cited by my peers as being "the realist." Well today I inform you that being a real nigga isn't necessarily about total honesty as you may expect. It's about keeping it 💯 about your OBSERVATIONS📤. However, honest INTROSPECTION📥 requires a higher level of realness that I have not yet mastered and that very few do.
- 1.Shaming the Chiraq movie.I study film in school. I'm from Chicago. Let's face it: I'm gonna see the movie. I'll probably tear it to shreds afterwards, but I admittedly have a soft spot for Spike Lee Joints... wait no I don't. I'm just obsessed with fellow bori Rosie Perez. 🇵🇷
- 2.Not liking social media.I luh this shit. Mainly because I'm an introvert and social media lets me "see people" without constantly depleting all of my precious social energy.
- 3.Being an introvert.Wait, whut? Yes, I have my introverted qualities, but I can be really open in conversation too. Maybe in a way that would hurt "real" introverts. I love facilitating as well.
cuz i love my friend and i want to make sure that they know it✨ and apparently that is radical. 🤔
- •because love is more dynamic than fucking or not fucking.
- •and we should liberate ourselves from the idea that intimate love should be restricted to monogamy.
- •because intimacy isn't always physical...but it can be 😉
my 1st list 😁
- •🌫 Like air, we sometimes seem nearly invisible to those around us, although we are the sustenance of their existence. Constantly breathed but unaccredited.
- •💧Like water, we can make ourselves hard enough to resist or fluid enough to take up new shapes big and small, but we never lose our base composition.
- •🍃 Like earth, we harvest an abundance of life within and out of us. We nurture despite the risk of over extraction or exploitation.