CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW AWESOME THE "SORRY" VIDEO IS?
Yeah I know I'm behind, whatwever
- •Look, so if you've been paying attention at all, you know I'm kind of a prude.
- •Super risqué dancing generally makes me sort of uncomfortable.
- •I even feel a little weird in my *~zumba*~ classes (aka, a safe space for the awkwardest of the awk)
- •But I love this video for exactly the same reasons I love my basically-all-girl dance classes: because, by and large, they're for women and about women and men are *more* than welcome to come, but amigo, you aren't the target demographic here.Because don't get me STARTED on being female and trying to create space for yourself in a friggin weight room.
- •Anyway, the point is: Nothing about this video is about a dude.
- •I mean yes, ok, the dancing is sexy.
- •Technically JB's voice is involved. So, dude.I know he's going through kind of a phase [that has lasted 5 or so years] but I like his stuff.
- •But everything else-- this is a video of girls. For girls.
- •LOOK AT THEIR OUTFITS.Would not file that under "guy hot." (Not the one I'm married to or any of the ones I've dated, anyway. Entirely possible we are just boring.)
- •Look how much FUN they're (acting like they're) having!!No snark intended with the "acting" comment, btw. They're performers. I bet they were having actual fun too, though.
- •Anyway, I don't really know where I was going with this. Maybe 80 million ppl have already made this observation in thinkpieces online. I just really love that a great pop song finally got a video of cool girls dancing exceptionally well--and not oiled up in bikinis and crawling over a car or some dude's lap. I feel like this one was for us.
- •Love ya ladies. 💖😘