MY BIRTHDAY WAS YESTERDAY
- •My friend made birthday cinnamon rolls instead of a birthday cakeFrom scratch. She is talented.
- •5 of us snuggled into the Hyundai to ride an hour and a half to Kings DominionOne of our passengers is unusually petite but all three of the guys are north of 6' tall and one is ~6'6". So, this was an act of love.
- •My husband doesn't even ride roller coasters. But he played dad and held our stuff and rode some easy stuff with me.Act. Of. Love.
- •It rained and was gray all day. But at least it was nice and cool!
- •I think all of us had an "oh holy crap what have I done being this high defies all evolved human instinct" moment.
- •On one ascent I found myself babbling EVERYTHING IS TOTALLY FINE over and over. On another I decided to start asking about the etymology of my friends' surnames bc apparently that's where my brain goes when I get nervous.
- •I think the guys had the hardest time with the teacup ride. Spinning was oddly hard for them.No one yakked. We would've felt bad if our late-twenties selves had gotten the kiddie ride closed.
- •I ache all over today, I'm dehydrated. But it was a wonderful day.Parties are overrated. Roller coasters are priceless.