SECRETS TO BEING HAPPY
Obviously I'm not dealing with faith, metaphysics, or mental health here, just feeling a little sappy.
- •Dance and listen to music while you wash the dishes. Or do anything around your house, really.
- •Eat reasonable amounts of good food and enjoy every bite.
- •Talk to your grandma on the phone, if you're still lucky enough to have grandparents.
- •Go where there are green things and walk around as often as you can. Wear sturdy shoes so you don't have to be precious about it.
- •Be more careful with people than with stuff. Be kind. Make someone feel comfortable and better about themselves whenever it's in your power to do it.
- •Read books and watch tv and listen to music that you enjoy and that stretch you. Forget what's impressive and forget what's popular.
- •Appreciate your people. If you've got a good thing—friends, parents, sibs, an SO—don't let a day go by where you don't remind yourself how lucky you are to have that person.
- •When you are happy, take the time to notice it. Seriously, this is the big one. Be grateful and aware when a shower feels awesome or it's beautiful outside or you're having a nice moment with your friends.
- •Alright. Time to wash the dishes. Love y'all.❤️❤️❤️