My Fav Easy Weeknight Dinner
literally ready in less than 10 minutes. and you can get everything at trader joes. sure it's a burrito bowl. but it's delicious. layer in a bowl in this order for cuter presentation.
- •brown riceI love the frozen brown rice, the pouched is ok, both are ready in < 3minutes and you can get 2-3 meals out of it.
- •meatless italian sausagetrader joes brand is the first and only meat substitute that has the flavor of the real thing. I slice it and pan fry it in a little bit of butter.
- •brown eggsscrambled in a little bit of butter.
- •black beanscanned, microwave in a Tupperware container so you can add your extra rice and build part of you leftovers 👌🏼
- •cornalso canned, and you can microwave in the same Tupperware with the beans to save time 🙌🏼
- •shredded cheeseI like the lite-Mexican blend 🧀
- •avocadoI use half an avocado for one burrito bowl. I've also found if you leave the pit in the other half before you wrap it up, it slows down the browning.
- •sour creamthis is the best condiment, and you can't tell me otherwise
- •hot sauceI use the TINIEST amount of trader joes habanero hot sauce. I love spicy things, but a drop will make my entire mouth burn and sweat a little. but its the kick this needs
- •corn tortillas or tortilla chipsI use em on the side.
- •optional additionssalsa, onions, literally anything else you'd want to put in a burrito bowl. this is just my preferred recipe.
- •tadaaaaaside of queso for my chips in this shot, because cheese is life.