5 Items Autographed by Music Icons and the Stories
Here are some of my favorite signed items.
- •Queen, NYC 1982I had just graduated from high school and visited an aunt that lived in Manhattan. I got to see this show at Madison Square Garden. The day before I saw that they were doing a signing at Sam Goody and got all 4 signatures on the NY Times full page ad. Hot Space Tour!!
- •R.E.M., NYC 1984Another visit to NYC, I got to see REM at The Beacon Theater just blocks from my aunt's apt. They also did a signing at a record store the day before and I got all 4 to sign...notice Michael's along the side in black before he stopped autographing.
- •Everything But the Girl, West Palm Beach and Orlando,FL 1994I saw EBTG in Orlando and WPB and got them to sign the setlist from WPB. I'm in the white shirt in the upper right photo. The left setlist was from Atlanta 1995. All three were excellent shows!!
- •Stephen Sondheim and Bernadette PetersThis was also a NYC visit when Sunday in the Park with George had just opened (early 80's?) and they signed the soundtrack LP at a record store appearance. The play was great!
- •The Alarm, Nashville, 1984They played Vanderbilt Univ with The Pretenders and did a record store signing. Always stayed a fan of the Alarm and Mike Peters.