FOODS I ATE IN ITALY LIKE IT WAS MY LAST DAY ON EARTH (EVERY DAY)
- •PastaMostly pici, the fat spaghetti noodles native to Tuscany that are OUT OF THIS WORLD. The best? All'Aglione at the only restaurant in Castelmuzio.
- •Aperol Spritz--in a BOTTLE!!They sell the best summer drink in a soda bottle so you can take it everywhere. Why don't we have this in the States???
- •GelatoOne, two, usually three times a day. The best was cherry at the unnamed place (there is only one) in Montisi.
- •ChianinaThis handsome white cow makes one helluva steak. Tastes best at Osteria Acquacheta, even if it's touristy!
- •WineDuh. Of all the Tuscan wines, Brunello di Montalcino was my favorite, but you could spend all day finding yours since every single shop is happy to give you a taste of every single wine.
- •TomatoesGrowing up in CA turns a person into a produce snob, but Italy has us beat when it comes to tomatoes.
- •TiramisuWhich I don't like, but loved at Osteria di Monteverde. Like really really loved.